Goforthelaw.com - Legal Education and Awareness
  Home  |  About Us  |   R & D   -   LL.B. Previous Question Papers   |  Articles   |  Moot Court   |  Discussion Forum   |  Directories   |  Law Web Journal   |  Contact Us   |   Login  

Legal Empowerment through Professional Excellence

Frequently Asked Questions 

Follow Goforthelaw on Facebook Follow Goforthelaw on Twitter Follow Goforthelaw on Blogger Join Goforthelaw on LinkedIn Subscribe - RSS feed here

LLB Previous Question Papers
Back to Subjects
Back to Previous page

Consumer Protection Law - May/June 2011

Question Type Question  
Short Consumerism
Short Liability for negligence
Short Product liability
Short Constitution and Consumer Protection
Short Appeals and Revision
Short Caveat Emptor
Short National Commission
Long Trace the evolution of the Consumer Protection Law.
Long Write a brief essay on Sale of Goods Act.
Long Examine the functions of the consumer protection councils.
Long Discuss the procedure for filing a consumer dispute
Problem A young child was taken to a corporate hospital by parents and was treated by a doctor through administering of an injection. Subsequently the child suffered brain damage beyond repair because of the negligence of the doctor. The parents filed a complaint before the consumer forum under the Consumer Protection Act. Will they succeed? Examine the possibilities.
Problem A person had taken life insurance policy in his name and at the time of signing the policy he was not married and did not fill the nominee requirement. He got married shortly and unfortunately he died in an accident. The insurance company refused to pay the insurance amount to the widow of the deceased on the ground that her name did not figure in the nominee column. Examine the legal position.
Problem Mr. "Z" purchased a laptop in a computer shop and when he began to use it, he found that the system did not start when the power was switched on. Can he file accinpiaint before the consumer forum? if so, discuss therelevant provisions.
Problem Mr. "X" entered into an agreement of sale with a builder for purchase of a flat, when the construction was over, Mr. "X" payed the total amount mentioned in the agreement of sale, but the builder refused to give possession of the flat on the ground that Mr. "X" must pay some more money. Examine the chances of Mr "X" succeeding before a consumer forum.
All the information under this section are for information and academic purpose and not for commercial exploitation. The website will not be responsible for any mis-information or any mistakes. Please keep us posted of any mistakes.
WorldLII (World Legal Information Institute) Supreme Court of India - Judgements from 1950 - Legislation (ACTS) from 1836 - Law Commission of India - Reports from 1999 -
Causelist Websites A.P High Court Daily Causelist | Central Administrative Tribunal | A.P State Administrative Tribunal  |   Supreme Court of India  |   Causelists for all Courts |
Terms and conditions - Disclaimer - Website Map    | Copyright 2009 - 10 www.goforthelaw.com. All rights reserved